Marijuana advice for the novice user
As of 2014, it is now legal for residents and visitors to the states of Washington and Colorado to purchase marijuana (cannabis) for recreational use without the need to present any kind of prescription purchase of any kind of permit or license.
The only documentation needed is proof that the purchaser is at least 21 years old. While other parts of the United States may allow similar legal purchases in the future, it is likely that for the foreseeable future, these two states will be the only places in the US where these kinds of purchases are possible.
Because residents of any US state or any country will be allowed to purchase marijuana in the states of Washington and Colorado, there will likely be many customers who will travel to these locations to consume marijuana legally.
However, many of those potential customers will be marijuana novices who will need to understand some of the basic realities of buying and consuming marijuana in these two states.
What is a marijuana novice?
If you have one or more of the following traits or characteristics, you are a marijuana novice who will need to get just a little bit of knowledge or advice to ensure that their marijuana experience is a pleasant one.
- You have never purchased or consumed marijuana (cannabis) in any form.
- You have not consumed or purchased marijuana in any form in the last 12 months.
- You are not familiar with the restrictions on the purchase and use of marijuana in the states of Washington or Colorado.
- You are not familiar with the the potential effects, both pleasant and unpleasant, of consuming marijuana.
- You are planning to travel by air, or travel across state or international boundaries with marijuana or marijuana products.
All of the points mentioned above are relevant for anyone purchasing marijuana in Washington or Colorado, and the last point is relevant for anyone planning to travel to one of the two states where recreational marijuana is legal.
Because of the number of new laws an regulations that have been put in place in Colorado and Washington, even people who are regular users of marijuana are novices when it comes to the new legal realities. The key are areas that any novice user should review include the following:
- Air travel restrictions and marijuana
- International visitors and marijuana
- Marijuana risks
- Recreational marijuana vocabulary
- Basic laws in Colorado and Washington
- Buying marijuana in Colorado and Washington
- Edible marijuana basics
- Air travel and marijuana FAQs
- Things you Should Not Bring on Board
http://airsafe.com/issues/marijuana/novice-user.htm -- Revised 13 July 2014